Advanced Allergy &
About UsAdvanced Allergy & Asthma Associates/Food Allergy Center of Illinois is a respected medical practice, serving residents of Northern Illinois with three conveniently located offices, in Crystal Lake, Elgin, and Lake Zurich. Our practice was founded on the simple principles of compassion and customer service, blended with the advanced science of modern medicine.
Our physicians and staff members are highly trained, skilled, and deeply caring individuals. Our patients are our friends and neighbors, whom we think of as our extended family. We strive to deliver the same quality of care and level of service that we would want our own beloved parents, children, or other family members to receive.
“We, at Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates/Food Allergy Center of Illinois, are committed to providing the highest quality of care with passion and empathy, strive towards professional excellence, and to be in tune with the needs and expectations of our patients, referring doctors and our community”
Meet our Providers
Noga Askenazi M.D.
Dr. Askenazi is a board certified asthma and allergy specialist, who treats children and adults. She is also a national speaker and she served as the president of the ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology) from 2011 through 2012.
In 2007, Dr. Askenazi went into private practice in Lake, Kane, and McHenry counties with the goal of providing state-of-the-art treatment for individuals suffering from a broad spectrum of allergies and related diseases. Her primary focus is providing quality care with compassion. She treats every patient with a rash, headache, cough, or sneeze just as she would a member of her own family.
When you visit Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates/Food Allergy Center of Illinois, you will discover that her exceptional staff is dedicated to meeting the needs of every patient, and they will make you feel like a member of our family.
Dr. Askenazi treats a broad range of allergic conditions, with a special interest in innovative treatments of food allergies, eosinophilic esophagitis (allergy-associated inflammation of the esophagus), and atopic dermatitis (eczema) associated with food intolerances and allergies.
Friends and patients describe Dr. Askenazi as a hard-working, down-to-earth, friendly, approachable individual with a great sense of humor, and a passion for helping others. She is a native Midwesterner, who loves our flatlands. She is married, and the proud mother of two exceptional children. When not working, she enjoys spending time outdoors biking and improving her skiing, as a few fellow skiers have deemed her a hazard on the slopes.
Dr. Askenazi has trained at some of the finest educational institutions in the Midwest:
- Allergy and Immunology Fellowship, at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center of Chicago, IL
- Pediatrics residency at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center of Chicago, IL
- Internship at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center of Chicago, IL
- M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) at the University of Tel Aviv in Israel
- B.S. (Bachelor of Science) at Washington University of St.Louis, MO
- 2011 through 2012 – President of the ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- 2010 through 2011 – President Elect of the ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- Current – ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology) committee member
- Fellow of the FACAAI (American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- Voting Fellow of the FAAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- Member of the (AMA American Medical Association)
- Fellow of the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- "Skin Allergies: When should you see and allergist/immunologist," for the Allergy & Asthma ADVOCATE, in the Spring of 2004 (online publication)
- "Myths about Pediatric Allergy," for the Illinois Pediatrician, Chapter II, AAP Volume 22, No 4 in the Fall of 2004 (print journal)
- 2001 – Poster Presentations at the annual meeting of the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology)
- 2001 – Presented ""RCM Anaphylaxis in High Risk Cardiac Patient"" at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) National Conference
- 2002 – Poster Presentations at the annual meeting of the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology)
- 2005 – Presenter at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) Allergy Practice/Management Conference, held in St. Louis, Missouri
- 2006 – Presenter at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) National Conference
- 2009 – Presenter at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) National Conference
- 2010 – Presenter at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) National Conference
Amiinah Kung, M.D.
A true Midwest native, Dr. Kung was raised in the Chicagoland area. She traveled to other states over the course of her training. She then returned to her Chicago roots, because there’s no place like home. She is a board-certified as an allergist, and she treats adults and children.
Areas of special interest for Dr. Kung include immunological disorders, food allergies, drug allergies, and eczema. Her goal is working with patients, helping them understand their conditions and improve their lives. She wants every patient to be able to live life to the fullest.
She is married, and a proud mother of twins (a boy and a girl). When she is not working or running after her kids, she enjoys traveling, trying new restaurants, and sneaking peaceful moments reading a good book.
Dr. Kung's friends and patients describe her as warm and caring, and her personal history with serious allergies makes her the most intuitive and compassionate allergist.
Dr. Kung has trained at some of the best medical schools across the country:
- 2005 – M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) at the Tufts University School of Medicine located in Boston, Massachusetts
- 2000 – BA (Bachelor of Arts) at University of Chicago located in Chicago, Illinois; graduated with honors in biological sciences
- 2008 through 2011 – Fellowship training with the Allergy/Immunology Training Program at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine located in Los Angeles, California
- 2005 through 2008 – Residency in pediatrics at the Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, located in Rochester, Minnesota
- Diplomate of the ABP (American Board of Pediatrics)
- Pediatrics Advanced Life Support
- Licensed Physician and Surgeon in the State of California
- Member of the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- Member of the FACAAI (American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- Member of the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Member of the LASAACI (Los Angeles Society of Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology)
Eugenia Hahn, M.D.
Dr. Eugenia Hahn, M.D is a Midwesterner, having grown up in the Chicagoland area and returning here after training out of the area. She is a very well respected board certified allergist and immunologist, able to treat children and adults with an array of immunological disorders. As an allergy sufferer herself, she understands the need of taking her time with her patients to develop a personalized treatment plan incorporating each individual’s lifestyle. Her goals are to help patients and their families understand their condition, to help them to attain the best quality of life possible, and reach their aspirations without limitations due to allergies or asthma.
Those who know Dr. Hahn are touched of how thoughtful, warm and caring she is. She is soft spoken but enjoys empowering her patients and their families with the strength of knowledge. She loves to learn about new and different things and share this with others.
She is married and has a young son. Her interests outside the office include gardening, running, yoga, and reading.
Though she is clinically experienced in all aspects of allergy and immunology including allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, rashes, and eosinophilic disorders, her special interests are in food allergy, eczema, and asthma.
- M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) at University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- B.S. (Bachelor of Science) Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Fellowship: Allergy & Immunology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Residency: Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles,CA
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member, American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member, Joint Council of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Sandra Jaeschke, APRN, BSN, MS
Sandra Jaeschke was raised in this area, and she and her husband raised their three lovely children here in Northern Illinois. She is a board certified medical practitioner, who has more than ten years of experience. She has practiced immediate care, emergency medicine, immunology, and allergy care. She is also certified as an asthma instructor. Her goal is to provide patient education along with quality medical care. She is always mindful of the social and family implications inherent with medical conditions. She is committed to helping patients enjoy the best possible quality of life.
Her special interests include helping asthma patients gain optimal control over their condition. During the time she worked in emergency medicine, she saw many examples of the devastating results of uncontrolled asthma, which are often preventable with regular medical care and allergy management.
When she is not working, Sandra enjoys spending time with her grown children and two beautiful grandchildren. Her interests include hand bell ringing, scuba diving, and sailing.
Sandra Jaeschke received her medical education from the University of Illinois:
- Undergraduate – UI Champaign and Chicago Medical Center
- Graduate – UI Rockford Regional Advanced Practice Program
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Asthma Educator