Advanced Allergy &
About Us" I went to Dr Askenazi because of a rash that I have had two other doctors look at and could not get any answers. Dr A was amazing in figuring out exactly what was causing it and was then able to treat. I am rash free now! "
~ Rosemary A. Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates/Food Allergy Center of Illinois is a respected medical practice, serving residents of Northern Illinois with three conveniently located offices, in Crystal Lake, Elgin, and Lake Zurich. Our practice was founded on the simple principles of compassion and customer service, blended with the advanced science of modern medicine.
Our physicians and staff members are highly trained, skilled, and deeply caring individuals. Our patients are our friends and neighbors, whom we think of as our extended family. We strive to deliver the same quality of care and level of service that we would want our own beloved parents, children, or other family members to receive.
“We, at Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates/Food Allergy Center of Illinois, are committed to providing the highest quality of care with passion and empathy, strive towards professional excellence, and to be in tune with the needs and expectations of our patients, referring doctors and our community”
Meet our Providers
Noga Askenazi M.D.
Dr. Askenazi is a board certified asthma and allergy specialist, who treats children and adults. She has been a national speaker and has served as president of the ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology).
In 2007, Dr. Askenazi went into private practice in Lake, Kane, and McHenry counties with the goal of providing state-of-the-art treatment for individuals suffering from a broad spectrum of allergies and related diseases. Her primary focus is providing quality care with compassion. She treats every patient as she would a member of her own family.
When you visit Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates/Food Allergy Center of Illinois, you will discover that her exceptional staff is dedicated to meeting the needs of every patient, and they will make you feel like a member of the family.
Dr. Askenazi treats a broad range of allergic conditions, with a special interest in innovative treatments of food allergies, eosinophilic esophagitis (allergy-associated inflammation of the esophagus), and atopic dermatitis (eczema) associated with food intolerances and allergies.
Friends and patients describe Dr. Askenazi as a hard-working, down-to-earth, friendly, passionate, approachable individual and has a great sense of humor. She is married, and the proud mother of a daughter and son. When not working, she enjoys spending time outdoors biking and hiking. She also enjoys cooking and reading.
Dr. Askenazi has trained at some of the finest educational institutions in the Midwest:
- Allergy and Immunology Fellowship, at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center of Chicago, IL
- Pediatrics residency at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center of Chicago, IL
- Internship at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center of Chicago, IL
- M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) at the University of Tel Aviv in Israel
- B.S. (Bachelor of Science) at Washington University of St.Louis, MO
- 2011 through 2012 – President of the ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- 2010 through 2011 – President Elect of the ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- Current – ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology) committee member
- Fellow of the FACAAI (American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- Voting Fellow of the FAAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology)
- Member of the (AMA American Medical Association)
- Fellow of the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- "Skin Allergies: When should you see and allergist/immunologist," for the Allergy & Asthma ADVOCATE, in the Spring of 2004 (online publication)
- "Myths about Pediatric Allergy," for the Illinois Pediatrician, Chapter II, AAP Volume 22, No 4 in the Fall of 2004 (print journal)
- 2001 – Poster Presentations at the annual meeting of the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology)
- 2001 – Presented ""RCM Anaphylaxis in High Risk Cardiac Patient"" at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) National Conference
- 2002 – Poster Presentations at the annual meeting of the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology)
- 2005 – Presenter at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) Allergy Practice/Management Conference, held in St. Louis, Missouri
- 2006 – Presenter at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) National Conference
- 2009 – Presenter at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) National Conference
- 2010 – Presenter at the AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology) National Conference
Eugenia Hahn, M.D.
Dr. Eugenia Hahn, M.D is a Midwesterner, having grown up in the Chicagoland area and returning here after training out of the area. She is a very well respected board certified allergist and immunologist, able to treat children and adults with an array of immunological disorders. As an allergy sufferer herself, she understands the need of taking her time with her patients to develop a personalized treatment plan incorporating each individual’s lifestyle. Her goals are to help patients and their families understand their condition, to help them to attain the best quality of life possible, and reach their aspirations without limitations due to allergies or asthma.
Those who know Dr. Hahn are touched of how thoughtful, warm and caring she is. She is soft spoken but enjoys empowering her patients and their families with the strength of knowledge. She loves to learn about new and different things and share this with others.
She is married and has a young son and daughter. Her interests outside the office include gardening, running, yoga, and reading.
Though she is clinically experienced in all aspects of allergy and immunology including allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, rashes, and eosinophilic disorders, her special interests are in food allergy, eczema, and asthma.
- M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) at University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- B.S. (Bachelor of Science) Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Fellowship: Allergy & Immunology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Residency: Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles,CA
- Fellow, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member, American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Member, Joint Council of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Sandra Jaeschke, APRN, BSN, MS
Sandra Jaeschke was raised in this area, and she and her husband raised their three lovely children here in Northern Illinois. She is a board certified medical practitioner, who has more than ten years of experience. She has practiced immediate care, emergency medicine, immunology, and allergy care. She is also certified as an asthma instructor. Her goal is to provide patient education along with quality medical care. She is always mindful of the social and family implications inherent with medical conditions. She is committed to helping patients enjoy the best possible quality of life.
Her special interests include helping asthma patients gain optimal control over their condition. During the time she worked in emergency medicine, she saw many examples of the devastating results of uncontrolled asthma, which are often preventable with regular medical care and allergy management.
When she is not working, Sandra enjoys spending time with her grown children and two beautiful grandchildren. Her interests include hand bell ringing, scuba diving, and sailing.
Sandra Jaeschke received her medical education from the University of Illinois:
- Undergraduate – UI Champaign and Chicago Medical Center
- Graduate – UI Rockford Regional Advanced Practice Program
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Asthma Educator
Ashley Cochran, CFNP, AE-C
Ashley Cochran has over 16 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner. Her career spanned family practice, pediatrics, emergency medicine, urgent care, and public health before committing to the specialty of Allergy & Asthma. She is also a nationally recognized asthma educator. She has not only achieved great national recognition but has assisted others achieve excellence in nursing serving as adjunct professor at the School of Nursing at Loyola University in New Orleans & Chicago.
She believes in life-long learning and providing state-of-the-art care to her patients. She is dedicated to assisting individuals and families lead full lives using individualized, patient-centered treatment plans. Her vivacious personality and enthusiasm is palpable and immediately puts her patients at ease.
She grew up in the Mississippi Delta before moving to Crystal Lake and considers the Midwest her home. She is married and has 2 sons and a daughter. Her children are her pride and joy. All of her children have been diagnosed with asthma and allergies. Therefore, she personally understands the challenges associated with these disease processes. Those who know her describe her as a perpetual optimist with endless compassion. Outside of work and being a devoted mother, she enjoys reading, travel, and bicycle trips.
Education and Credentials:
- Undergraduate: Illinois Wesleyan University - Major in Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Graduate: Loyola University, New Orleans
- Teaching: Advanced Health Assessment in New Orleans, APA Practicum in Chicago
- Family Practice (Louisiana) 2000 - 2002
- Urgent Care (Louisiana) 2002 – 2004
- Emergency Medicine (Sherman Hospital) 2005 – 2009
- Occupational Health (Advocate) 2010 – 2011
- Immediate Care/Occupational Health (Centegra) 2011 – 2016
- Pediatrics (Centegra) 2015 - 2016
- Certified Asthma Educator 2016