Lung Function TestingAllergies can affect the functionality of your respiratory system in many ways. If you experience coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, or other breathing difficulties, they may be relieved by diagnosing and treating your allergies. Our offices at Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates/Food Allergy Center of Illinois are equipped with the latest, most reliable technology for accurate diagnosis and treatment planning.
Click here to watch more videos
- FVC (forced vital capacity) is the volume of air you can exhale forcefully after deeply inhaling.
- FEV (forced expiratory volume) is the volume of air that you can forcefully exhale in a single breath.
- Forced expiratory flow is a measurement of airflow taken while exhaling.
- PEF (peak expiratory flow) is how fast you can exhale a deep breath.
- MVV (maximum voluntary ventilation) is a measurement of the maximum volume of air you are capable of inhaling and exhaling within a 60-second period.
- SVC (slow vital capacity) is the volume of air that you can exhale slowly after inhaling deeply.
- TLC (total lung capacity) is the maximum volume of air you are capable of inhaling.
- FRC (functional residual capacity) is the volume of air remaining in your lungs following normal exhalation.
- RV (residual volume) is the volume of air that remains in your lungs after exhaling as much as possible.
- ERV (expiratory reserve volume) is the difference between the volume of air remaining in your lungs after exhaling forcefully, and that remaining after exhaling normally.
- Chronic cough
Advanced Allergy & Asthma AssociatesDr. Noga Askenazi | Dr. Eugenia Hahn | Meredith Cirrincione
Dr. Noga Askenazi is a nationally recognized asthma and allergy specialist who is board certified in pediatric and adult allergy. Her areas of special interest are innovative treatment of rashes, sinusitis, food allergies, asthma and immune disorders. She was past President of the ISAAI (Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology), works on state and national committees for advancement of the allergy field and is a consultant for Advocate, AMITA, Northwestern amongst other health care systems. Her joy is helping patients reach their goals after together determining best treatments. Her staff and patients are a chosen family, and she invests in their happiness. She enjoys gardening, biking and cooking to good music.
Dr. Eugenia Hahn is a highly recognized board certified allergist and immunologist who treats patients of all ages. Her areas of special interest are food allergy, eczema, and asthma. She is president of the Illinois Society of Allergy & Asthma, a National Committee leader of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, a member of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology working on new treatment options for patients. She is a consultant for Advocate, Northwestern, AMITA, Northwest Community healthcare systems amongst many others. Her patients mean everything to her as she takes pride in finding the why behind the problem. She enjoys reading and spending time with her family.
Meredith Cirrincione is a board certified Physician Assistant and specializes in treating allergies, with a focus on asthma, rashes, environmental allergies, chemical and food allergies. She holds a Masters in Physician Assistant Studies from The Chicago Medical School - Rosalind Franklin University of Health Sciences. She is a Fellow member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, the Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants, and the Association of PAs in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. She likes to approach things holistically. She is a strong patient advocate and adored by her patients. She enjoys singing, reading, cooking, and the great outdoors.