Experience Relief with Seasonal Allergy Prevention
Every year, over 35 million Americans suffer from the annoying symptoms of allergies. Symptoms often range from milder seasonal irritations to life-threatening food-based allergies such as peanuts and shellfish. Fortunately, Dr. Noga Askenazi and the team at Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates, Inc are experienced in providing effective, holistic natural allergy medicine for adults and children.
What You Can Expect from Natural Holistic Allergy Relief
Natural holistic relief starts with understanding the underlying cause behind your allergic reactions. Using the most up-to-date scientific testing, which includes skin patch and scratch tests, we will work tirelessly to understand the scope of your symptoms and what’s triggering them. After finding the source, we will review your therapy options and work with you to craft the best approach to resolve your issues.
While over-the-counter medicines can often provide some measure of relief, they don’t always work for everyone, and many people don’t like the idea of putting so many artificial chemicals in their bodies year after year.
The truth is that millions of people find relief from allergies every day using nature-based treatments and wise strategies.
Relieve Your Allergy Using Safe, Natural, Effective Therapies
The simplest way to treat most allergy symptoms is avoidance. Once we understand the primary source of your allergy, you and Dr. Askenazi will work together to devise a realistic plan to help you avoid your allergy triggers, allowing you to take the necessary precautions to prevent exposure.
- Such plans may include minor or significant lifestyle changes. Such as placing a dust cover on your mattress, installing HEPA filters, staying away from specific activities that could trigger your symptoms, or avoiding outdoor activities on days when the pollen count is high in your area. Dr. Askenazi will review your lifestyle and goals to help you discover ways to minimize triggering your symptoms quickly.
- Another natural remedy may include the use of certain herbs. Nettles, for example, is a natural and very effective antihistamine. Your doctor may recommend including nettle tea in your daily diet.
- You may also need to consider changes in your diet, such as avoiding certain foods.
- Cleaning your home several times a week with a powerful HEPA vacuum cleaner can also bring quick results. Often, indoor air can be filled with more allergens, especially for people with pets.
- Keep your windows closed to prevent pollen from entering your home.
- A saline nasal rinse daily can wash out allergens that collect in your sinus cavities and may prevent infections.
- Vitamin C is a common vitamin shown to help boost immune systems. Yet, it can also interact with specific medications and may introduce side effects such as headaches, flushing, and vomiting. However, such symptoms are often found in people who use high doses.
- Some studies also show that quercetin, found in many foods, is an excellent supplement for allergies.
- Studies also show that butterbur extract collected from the shrub of the same name can be an effective treatment with results similar to cetirizine (Zyrtec) and fexofenadine (Allegra). However, there are safety concerns that the extract might be linked to certain cancers and liver damage in some people. Doctors do not advise pregnant women to take products with butterbur.
Suffer No More
You don’t have to accept suffering from allergies as a “way of life.” You can breathe easier and feel more like yourself. Call Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates, Inc to schedule your consultation with Dr. Askenazi and the team today. Our phone number is (847) 888-8802. You can also visit our offices in Elgin or Crystal Lake, Illinois.
Share this Article
Back to Holistic Allergy Treatment Page