Telehealth Online – Online Visits & How It Works
With the social distancing restrictions currently in place in many areas due to the COVID19 pandemic, you have likely been using your phone or computer more frequently than ever before to talk to your loved ones or coworkers. At Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates in Crystal Lake, IL and Elgin, IL, we are proud to use the same technologies to offer telehealth online visits for both new and current patients from Illinois.
What are telehealth visits?
Also called telemedicine visits, telehealth visits are healthcare appointments that are conducted virtually – either over the phone or online – rather than in person in the office. They are a great alternative to visiting us in person when it is not feasible to come into the office, such as when:
- You do not want to be exposed to potential viruses, bacteria, and other germs by going out in public or inadvertently expose others if you are asymptomatic
- Your schedule is too busy to drive to and from the office and wait for an in-person visit
- You need to take care of your children or other loved ones and cannot leave them to go to a doctor’s visit
- Your normal care provider is booked, and you need to see someone soon
In addition, telemedicine visits enable us to conserve personal protection equipment such as masks and gloves so that we are not contributing to the national shortage that is currently happening.
How online health visits work
The first step is to schedule your appointment by calling us at (847) 888-8802 or booking an online appointment through the link provided on our website www.myallergydr.com. We can answer any questions you have about the visit as well as provide you with assistance on getting your computer setup for the visit if needed. In addition, you will need to fill out a short telemedicine consent form and the medical update form that is linked on our website.
We will be using Doxy.me to conduct your visit. This software enables us to see your face through video, as well as hear your voice. During your online visit, we can perform many of the same tasks that we would do during an in-person visit, such as:
- Taking a detailed medical history
- Asking you about your current symptoms and questions
- Performing an examination (we may ask you to send us pictures to provide further information)
- Placing orders for imaging tests or other in-person tests that may need to be conducted
- Ordering prescriptions at your preferred pharmacy
- Record our conversation or video for future reference
We understand that the use of new technologies can be challenging and cause anxiety in some patients, but we are here to guide you to help streamline the process. Many patients find that a telemedicine visit is simpler than they think it will be!
Schedule your telehealth visit
To get started with scheduling your telemedicine visit, give our office a call at (847) 888-8802 or Request an appointment through our website. We welcome our existing patients as well as new patients or patients who cannot currently receive care at their allergy and asthma provider due to the COVID19 pandemic.Back to Virtual Consultation Page