How Do I Schedule an Appointment?
To get started, Request an Appointment on the form below and a member of our team will be in touch soon for scheduling.
Virtual Tele health visits at Advanced Allergy and Asthma Associates by Dr. Noga Askenazi
Virtual Telehealth visits at Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates
I am Dr. Noga Askenazi from Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates in Elgin and Crystal Lake. We are getting very comfortable doing our virtual telehealth visits.
It may be something we will be using in the long term because it all depends on how comfortable a patient is about coming into the office when they are sick.
It is helpful to be able to speak to them and see them virtually in their homes. For asthma treatment, it has helped to watch how people use their inhalers, nebulizers, etc.
We can walk them through doing things correctly, using medications in a better way, especially when we don’t always have their specific inhalers in the office to show them.
We will be continuing with virtual telehealth visits, and we hope that patients will be able to use this service at their will, whenever they feel that’s what they prefer.
We know you may have questions about telemedicine, how it works, and its benefits, so have prepared the following information for you. We are also happy to discuss any questions you may have about telemedicine and whether it is right for you over the phone.
- Discuss your symptoms and questions
- Take a detailed medical history
- Use video to take a physical examination
- Use photos to help with diagnosis and treatment planning
- Take video or audio recordings to document the visit for later reference
- Enable us to more efficiently provide you with a medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment options
- Save you time and money due to the lack of transportation/commuting and waiting in the office once you arrive
- Allow us to provide care to patients who are in virtually any location across the country
- Conserve our personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, and other equipment) so that there is less of a shortage in the medical community
- Prevent you from being exposed to potentially harmful viruses and bacteria, as well as preventing asymptomatic individuals from possibly exposing others
- Enable you to receive healthcare while your children or others for whom you provide care are at home with you
- On-demand appointments, enabling you to see us quicker than you would for an in-person visit in many cases
- Overall improved health because you can get the care you need, right when you need it without the limitations and time constraints of physically traveling to an office
It is important to be aware that virtual appointments cannot take the place of 100 percent of in-person visits. For example, if you need a treatment or test performed that can only be done in person, a telemedicine visit will not enable us to do that. In addition, we may not have full access to your medical records, particularly if you are a new patient to our practice, which can potentially lead to judgment errors, allergic reactions, adverse drug interactions, or other issues. It is critical for your health that you let us know about any allergies, medications you are taking, or other important health issues so we can provide the best care possible by filling the “medical update” form.
- At a high risk of contracting illness if you leave home
- Uncomfortable visiting a medical office at this time
- At high risk of developing severe symptoms if you contract COVID19
- Exhibiting symptoms of COVID19 or any other infectious disease
- Do not need in-person testing or therapies
- Cannot get an appointment with your current allergy practitioner
We know that the technology involved in telemedicine appointments can be challenging for some patients. Our staff can answer your questions and help you get set up for your visit.
We are excited to be able to offer telemedicine appointments for patients from the states of New York, Michigan, Florida, New Jersey, or Illinois because we know that sometimes your health care simply cannot wait. Call Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates at (847) 888-8802 – we are here when you need us!