Allergy telehealth services provided by allergy & asthma doctor in Crystal Lake and Elgin, IL
Telemedicine is becoming increasingly common amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, but it has actually been used for many years by doctors and hospitals across the globe to provide care when people need it most. No longer just a solution for getting medical care when you are on a vacation or otherwise unable to physically get to your doctor’s office, telehealth services are an effective way of delivering and receiving allergy and asthma care. At Advanced Allergy & Asthma Associates in Crystal Lake and Elgin, IL, we are proud to offer this convenient, safe, and time-saving service to our patients.
What are the benefits of telemedicine for allergy care?
Telemedicine harnesses today’s latest videoconferencing technologies to connect patients and doctors. It has many potential benefits, including:
- Safety: while we always take safety measures and have increased our precautions amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, going out in any public space has the potential to expose you to viruses, bacteria, and other germs; with a telehealth appointment, you can avoid this possible exposure because you are not visiting the office in person
- Convenience: you can see your doctor and get the medical care you need from the comfort of your home
- Savings: rather than spending time and gas money driving to the office and then waiting for your appointment, you never even have to set foot out your door
- Improved access: with telehealth, you can see doctors you would otherwise be unable to access due to your physical location or other restraints that prevent you from going to an in-person visit
Who can participate in telemedicine visits with us
Aside from the benefits of telemedicine discussed above, another reason we are excited to offer telehealth services is that it enables us to see a larger number of patients, even if they are new patients or are not physically located near our office. This includes:
- New patients who are unable to receive care at their usual allergy & asthma provider
- Patients in other areas of Illinois
- Patients in other states, including New York, Michigan, Florida, New Jersey
What to expect
The telemedicine process is straightforward and starts with either a phone call to our front desk at (847) 888-8802 or filling out our online virtual consultation form to request an appointment. Once your appointment is scheduled, you will need to complete a simple online form that gives your consent to receive telemedicine services. The form explains the potential benefits and risks of telehealth and also provides us with your medical updates since your last visit. If you have any questions about this form as you are completing it or would like additional information, we are happy to talk with you over the phone.
During your visit, we will use either videoconferencing or a telephone call to gather detailed information about your medical history; discuss your current symptoms, health issues, or questions; and use video or photos as needed to perform an examination, diagnose your condition, and recommend treatment options. In addition, we can order follow-up laboratory tests, imaging, or prescriptions as appropriate during this time.
Learn more about telehealth
We know that telemedicine is a new option for many patients and you may have further questions about whether this type of care is right for you. To schedule your allergy telehealth visit or ask us your questions, call (847) 888-8802 today!Back to Home Page